Sunday, February 05, 2006

Target:


Wasn't it Christmas that Target refused
to let the Salvation Army ring their bells
in front of their stores?
Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote:
"Recently we asked the local TARGET store
to be a proud sponsor of the
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
during our spring recognition event.
We received the following reply from
the local TARGET management:
" Veterans do not meet our area of giving.
We only donate to the arts, social action groups,
gay & lesbian causes, and education."
So I'm thinking, if the
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
and veterans in general,
do not meet their donation criteria,
then something is really wrong at this TARGET store.
We were not asking for thousands of dollars,
not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship
for a memorial remembrance. As a follow-up,
I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. Corporate Headquarters
and their response was the same.
That's their national policy. Then I looked
into the company further.
They will not allow the Marines to collect
for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores,
and during the recent Iraq deployment,
they would not allow families of employees
who were called up for active duty to
continue their insurance coverage while
they were on military service.
Then as I dig further, TARGETis a
French-owned corporation.
Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET
cannot support American Veterans,
then why should my family and I
support their stores by spending our
hard earned American dollars!
And, have their profits sent to France.
Without the American Vets,
where would France be today?
"They, most likely would be speaking German
and trading in Deutsch Marks"
Sincerely,
Dick Forrey
Veterans Helping Veterans
Please Let TARGET know
we dont need them either !

6 Comments:

Blogger crallspace said...

I don't shop target... I avoid places like Wal Mart as well.

Not everyone is obligated to give to vets. Companies can only give so much, and military is not at the top of everyone's list. there are plenty of companies who have that in their giving plan. Why is that seen as a requirement? Plus, I think that it's about time someone say no to Salvation Army bell ringers. They are allowed everywhere else. If Target doesn't believe in it, they are entitled to that, and don't HAVE to allow it.

When people are called for active duty, why should Target continue their coverage? Doesn't the MILITARY do that? If not, there is something GRAVELY wrong with that.

If I were in charge of a large store, I may sponsor a military cause, but I really can't say I fault Target for disagreeing. Plus, what they give toward are noble causes... ones that are QUITE underfunded by our govt. If it makes any difference, I don't shop at Target and don't plan to.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://khwigiee.com/ebgy/ddev.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rlwdmhqd.com/vkzs/unll.html]Cool site[/url]

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://khwigiee.com/ebgy/ddev.html | http://dibfdbgn.com/ssjd/psew.html

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Decks patios driveways west middlesex pennsylvania queen size waterbed frame Hair loss is the symptom of what disease patent by inventor Zyrtec and allegra

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home